Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$52,700.00 - $87,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?This individual is responsible for maximizing cash flow and protecting Travelers interests in the handling of escalated collection, insolvency, bankruptcy, and litigation cases that cannot be handled in the ordinary course of business under existing policies, program, and collateral agreements for Business Insurance Products. This individuals' primary functions are to coordinate, develop and effect strategic collection efforts that include partnering with corporate legal, CFO's and various business partners. Individual negotiates settlements, manages litigations, and may represent Travelers in State and Bankruptcy Courts. Individual may also support and provide guidance to less experienced case managers. Project work may be assigned as need arises.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Research and analyze all aspects of disputes and provide all necessary supporting documentation or create exhibits to demonstrate explanation regarding disputes.
- Develop cost effective strategies with business and legal partners in the resolution of issues on assigned accounts.
- Analyze the total financial risks of an account versus collateral held and initiate collateral draw downs, negotiate resolutions, file bankruptcy claims or file litigation to recover funds.
- May serve as witness when necessary to be deposed and may represent to protect Travelers financial and reputational risks in Bankruptcy and State Court forums.
- Review and work with legal on settlement documentation for settlements achieved.
- May serve as a mentor to less experienced case managers.
- Handle project work as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Two-year college degree or equivalent collections work experience.
- Ability to assess and present the costs and benefits of a particular approach.
- Ability to maintain composure and persuade others in adverse situations, be skilled at influencing others.
- Strategic thinker who can quickly identify a situation and offer solutions.
- Ability to use knowledge and partnerships to come up with creative solutions.
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with peers and business partners.
- Clear, logical, and effective verbal/written communication skills.
- Able to perform credible analyses using sound judgment and reasoning.
- Clearly demonstrates sense of urgency, passion, and bias for action.
- Solid ability to multitask and manage work with minimal to no supervision.
- Basic knowledge of Property Casualty business.
- Basic knowledge of contractual instruments utilized by Travelers.
- Basic understanding of bankruptcy law.
- Some business law knowledge as it relates to contracts, collection efforts and insurance.
What is a Must Have?
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of case management, collection, or equivalent experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.