Experienced Property Adjuster - Field Large Loss - Newburgh, NY - $3,000 Sign On Bonus
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Allstate Benefits
Being a part of Allstate means you receive a benefits package from Day 1 of employment. This includes time off, healthcare, retirement, and more. That is why as an Allstater, you'll enjoy a Total Rewards package that includes:
- Competitive pay with needed support for continuous development and career advancement.
- Flexibility in scheduling and a time off policy that helps support your work/life balance.
- Initial and ongoing training to get you proficient in your new role.
- Comprehensive benefits like a 401K/pension, education reimbursement, and programs to help you balance work with the rest of your life. Visitwww.allstategoodlife.comto learn more.
As a Field Large Loss Property Adjuster, you will be dedicated to providing exceptional service to our policyholders who have sustained extensive property damages. Your primary responsibility will involve traveling to our customers' homes to conduct on-site inspections, thoroughly investigate coverage, and prepare detailed estimates to efficiently resolve their claims. Additionally, you will handle virtual claims, utilizing various platforms and software such as Xactimate and ClaimsX Video Collaboration.Please note that this role required residency within Newburgh, NY.You'll wear a few hats that will require a level of experience:
- The Customer Service Expert youll live into Allstates Claims Culture by caring, empowering, and restoring, and you will accomplish that by being compassionate, clear, and a committed partner in each Propertyclaim. You lead with empathy, always.
- The Investigator youll confidently and independently investigate propertyclaims by performing detailed reviews of damage and interpreting policies to determine coverage.
- The Effective Communicator youll use phone, emails and sometimes even video chat with customers to help them through a fast, fair, and easy claims process. Youll also incorporate a specific approach to claim handling to offer the customer their preference of communication to efficiently discuss their claim needs and keep them updated on the claim progress.
- The Negotiator You will evaluate and negotiate claims settlements with customers, vendors, third party carriers and claimants, in accordance with all legal and business standard methodologies. With negotiations, you will incorporate tactics in handling challenging and complex situations.
- The Problem Solver youll utilizemultiple tools to get the job done in a fast-paced environment, including estimate tools, job aids, and additionalsettlement platforms, all while using your sharp critical thinking skills.
- The Recorder youll protect the company financially by executing policies along policy agreements, and you keep a clear record of your work in a claims system that you will be trained on. Youll accomplish this by ensuring timelyand accuratedocumentation is completed as you work on each claim.
- 5+ years previous experience as an outside adjuster, with expertise in handling complex claims, is highly desired.
- Proficiency in using Xactimate and other relevant software for preparing detailed estimates.
- Strong analytical skills to assess extensive damages and accurately determine claim coverage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Willingness to travel to customers' homes and effectively manage virtual claims countrywide.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with a focus on delivering high-quality and efficient claim resolutions.
- Residency within the posted location is mandatory for this role.
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel as part of the job requirements.
- As a condition of employment, your office/area may require you to obtain an adjuster and/or an appraiser license. If applicable, you will be requiredto secure license(s) within 60 days of hire.
- If required, the Hiring Manager will work with you along with the Centralized Licensing team to ensure that you are properly licensed.
- Sign-on Bonus: You may be eligible for a $1000 Licensing Sign on Bonus if you have the applicable active licenses needed for this role. This could include Home Resident Property & Casualty License, Designated Home State (DHS) Florida or Texas License, and/or applicable Appraiser License.
**Candidates who have previously worked for and are seekingto be rehired at Allstate and its family of companies are not eligible for this sign-on bonus.
Compensation offered for this role is$82,000.00 - $106,900.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.