Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$85,400.00 - $140,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?Develop and enhance relationships within the independent agency system to create opportunities for customized products for Technology Specialty Commercial business. Solicit, negotiate and sell all aspects of technology business within a defined territory. Coordinate services (claim, loss control and etc.) and distribution strategies to enhance Technology's local presence and relationships with customers and agents/brokers.
**This is a remote position that requires you to visit brokers daily in the San Francisco Bay area.**
What Will You Do?
- Execute the sales strategies for Technology throughout territory to meet the profitability and production objectives for the territory.
- Sell industry segment underwriting and service capabilities to agents and brokers.
- Identify and develop opportunities to achieve profitable growth through new business production and retention of renewal business throughout the territory.
- Identify and develop long-term relationships with the independent agencies within the territory to enhance the sales efforts.
- Provide ongoing customer service delivery and problem resolution to agents/brokers who write technology business within the territory.
- Develop, analyze and share competitive market place information to identify and create a competitive sales advantage for Technology.
- Work with Technology Regional Underwriting Units to help identify and design product and service development needs for technology business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the property/casualty insurance industry, with specialized knowledge of technology business being an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all parts of the Technology business segments.
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible underwriting and/or marketing within the insurance industry with preferably some experience/knowledge handling technology business.
- Strong communication skills, including highly developed presentation skills.
- Must possess a strong ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Effective influencing skills, including an ability to develop and coordinate the appropriate resources and work groups.
- Demands the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- IIA course work (CPCU, ARM, etc.) desirable.
What is a Must Have?
- 3 years of experience in sales, underwriting or related field.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.