Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$51,400.00 - $84,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under close supervision, the Analyst, Tax performs entry level professional tax functions within Corporate Tax. Prepares and compiles basic tax provisions and State Assessment filings. In addition, the Analyst will assist the Taxes, Licenses and Fees - Accounting Unit. This work will include calculating Travelers monthly tax expense and compiling the internal accounting and record keeping requirements supporting Travelers public filings and disclosures. This position does not manage others.
What Will You Do?
- Responsible for the preparation, compilation and processing of basic tax returns, supporting schedules, forms and worksheets.
- Analyze and maintain tax records and perform account reconciliations.
- Assist the Taxes, Licenses and Fees - Accounting Unit with the reporting of Travelers tax expense. This is estimated to be 15% - 25% of the month.
- Assist on special projects and in the maintenance of various tax systems.
- Contribute to the analysis of tax provisions, business changes and corporate restructuring. This includes making recommendations and performing basic research and related assignments.
- Utilize appropriate tools to obtain data necessary to support tax calculations, tax payments and related journal entries.
- Responsibilities may include extracting and analyzing data from internal systems, Statutory Annual Statement, and other financial documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred.
What is a Must Have?
- 1 year of relevant tax experience required.
- Basic knowledge of computer application software, particularly spreadsheets required.
- Intermediate time management skills required.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.