Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$153,000.00 - $252,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers Data Engineering team constructs pipelines that contextualize and provide easy access to data by the entire enterprise. As a Data Engineering Assistant Vice President you will be accountable for the technology strategy, execution and support of our International Data domains supporting multiple country reporting needs as well as executive reporting at the International level.
This includes the ingest data from multiple sources and relay information and actionable insights to relevant partners to accelerate growth and transformation of our analytics landscape. Leveraging your extensive technical and business expertise, you will be recognized as a thought leader internally and externally. In this role, you will mentor and lead teams designing and building data solutions that capture, explore, transform and utilize data to support business operations, analytics for decision making and executive level reporting. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and business intelligence/insights will also be part of the future strategies led by this position in the International data domain.
What Will You Do?
- Implement and develop analytic data products, data movement and data persistence capability from pilot/proof of concept to production, on-going support, and maintenance.
- Recommend data strategies to support various consumption patterns, including enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure.
- Oversee the operationalizing and automating of all capabilities to ensure secure, supported and scalable solutions.
- Building a comprehensive technical and strategy to support a growing, evolving, and complex business and technical landscape.
- Mature the organization's architecture, design, and operational processes to meet the evolving business needs.
- Present recommendations to senior management and executives and influences decisions at the executive level.
- Guide and coach senior team members and managers to accelerate career development.
- Establish functional budgets, policies and practices with impact on functional area.
- Establish functional strategic objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
- Twelve or more years of related work experience
- Six or more years of team leadership experience
- Industry level expertise of capabilities and direction of technology coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology required and the needs of business environments necessary to lead assigned teams.
- Experience supporting a multi-national data landscape, being knowledgeable and supporting different data privacy and data security requirements.
- Agile delivery experience to support a number of multi-disciplinary teams with many interdependencies.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training with data tools, techniques, and manipulation.
- Seven years of data engineering or equivalent experience
- Two years of previous management experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.