Experienced Represented Bodily Injury Adjuster (CST) - Remote
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
This job is responsible for investigating complex claims when an attorney is representing the injured party which typically will include: (1) uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) claims in single or multi car accidents; (2) Injury Casualty Soft Tissue (ICST), and represented- moderate or major claims; (3) complex Commercial Property Liability (CPL) or extra-contractual liability claims; (4) or specialized claims (e.g., business interruption, loss of income, EandO policies, etc.). The individual also handles claims involved in litigation, arbitration or mediation, coordinating with legal counsel and participating in depositions, hearings, trial, or arbitrations. The individual takes recorded statements, resolves loss of use claims, makes payments to appropriate parties, and negotiates and settles or refers bodily injury issues that cannot be resolved.
This position is for our represented casualty office supporting the Central time zone with a focus in handling Texas claims.
Remote Home-Based Work
This position is a permanent remote home-based role. Your home office does not need to be near an Allstate office, but it does need to be in the United States. This position is not available for California, Alaska, and Hawaii residents.
When you work from home full time, youll need:
- a home office a dedicated workspace in your residence that is private and free from distractions
- a minimum internet bandwidth of 50 MB down/5 MB up
- appropriate work surface and seating
What will Allstate provide?
- A technology bundle that includes all equipment needed to perform your work from home (laptop, monitors, headset, keyboard, mouse)
- Connectivity reimbursement of $80 per month to off set some of the cost of internet
- Researches and responds to complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Determines claim value
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Determines and explains minimum coverage limits in complex claims involving single or multiple claimants
- Researches, responds to, or participates in Department of Insurance complaints or investigations
- Sets initial reserve, updates reserve, documents rationale and claim summary notes
- Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
- Reviews medical reports in preparation for claims settlement evaluation
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience in liability investigations, casualty evaluations, and negotiation, preferred
- Texas casualtyclaimhandling experience, a plus
- Applies broad knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies broad knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies broad knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies broad knowledge of problem solving and preparation of reports for analysis
- Applies broad negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies broad knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle complex claims
As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain an adjuster's license. Your manager will work with you along with the centralized licensing team to ensure that you are properly licensed.Compensation Data:
You may be eligible for a $1,000 Licensing Sign-on Bonus if you have the applicable active licenses needed for this role. This could include Home Resident Property & Casualty License, Designate Home State (DHS) Florida or Texas License, and/or applicable Appraiser License.
Candidates who have previously worked for and are seeking to be rehired at Allstate and its family companies are not eligible for this sign-on bonus.
Compensation offered for this role is$52,500.00-$83,250.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.