Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$96,100.00 - $158,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?Reports to Assistant Vice President, Operations or Operations Director. Implements strategic and tactical operational initiatives. Effectively manage operations and processes associated with policy service activities (i.e., support business from initial submission through policy issuance and accounting for the policy life cycle). Implement and execute performance standards and monitor those standards. Collaborate with underwriting, headquarters and service staff to identify training needs, assess quality/performance standards for the account support/services staff and ensure priorities are responsive to marketing, underwriting and retention decisions. Assure all related activities are delivered in a manner consistent with customer service and expense management focus. Accountable to direct/manage the account services activities for one or multiple remote sites (i.e., 4 - 7 locations, larger territory, regional revenue of over $115 million. Staff managed range of approximately 12 - 40. Participates in the strategic, as well as the tactical, policy, workflow and performance standards development/implementation.
What Will You Do?
- Participate in the implementation of long and short term business strategies to effectively achieve policy service objectives.
- Implement and participate in the development of tactical business planning and monitoring decisions/activities designed to support underwriting decisions which are consistent with business retention goals.
- Participate in the implementation of operational and policy service strategies, policies, workflow processes and standards. Ensure effective utilization of these strategies, policies, etc.
- Manage account support activities to meet production goals; assure compliance and performance standards are achieved; provide management information as necessary; and utilize all available resources in a cost effective manner.
- Reconcile financial and operational results to ensure all information is correct (i.e. overdue, hit ratio, skip list, etc.). Take corrective action as necessary.
- Provide management information reports.
- Act in a collaborative capacity with service, billing, HO, etc. to resolve problems/issues quickly. Establish priorities and make workflow decisions.
- Assure that our contractual commitments are met.
- Manage the effective implementation of new technologies and the utilization of existing systems.
- Resolve operation matters resulting in bottleneck situations to assure business results are not negatively affected by operational problems.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships through on-going dialogue with UW Management, Underwriters & agents/brokers.
- Meet with them to assess operations performance and identify/resolve issues/problems.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal resources (e.g., Claim, Operations, etc.) to coordinate the delivery of all related services to clients.
- Maintain an appropriate level of customer service.
- Participate in major projects as assigned.
- Perform all necessary staff management functions to support profit, growth and expense management goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Supervision of staff.
- Property Casualty knowledge.
- Policy service background.
- Basic understanding of underwriting and marketing functions and environments.
- Systems background.
- Clearly expresses ideas orally and in writing.
- Listens to and understands what others are saying.
- Shares information and maintains confidentiality Business Knowledge.
- Solid understanding of P&C products and services.
- Conceptual knowledge of marketing products and services.
- Working knowledge of workflow related to all support activities.
- Knows how to get things done.
Decision-Making and Problem Solving:
- Sound underwriting, pricing and problem resolution abilities.
- Able to develop new methods and/or approaches to achieving business objectives.
- Identify and resolve process deficiencies and quality control issues across the team.
- Ability to effectively evaluate complex information and make the right decision.
- Is resourceful in solving problems.
- Takes intelligent risks to accomplish business objectives.
- Identifies customer needs and takes appropriate action to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates commitment to appropriate level of service.
- Acts with a sense of urgency.
- Takes responsibility for own actions and decisions.
- Manages own work.
- Is responsible for own development and performance.
- Works well in a team environment or independently.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships.
- Mentors less experienced members of the staff.
What is a Must Have?
- Two years leadership experience with direct management of staff required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.