Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$95,400.00 - $157,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?Assist in the evaluation of the Property quality in field office, CAT, HOPD and MCU claim operations. Deliver Commercial and Personal lines Building Damage Estimating training to Property staff. Act as a technical resource for the Property claim handling staff including Field, CAT, HOPD and MCU. Provide coaching and guidance for Unit Managers on managing workflow, effective claim handling, service delivery and quality control. Provide quality feedback, in partnership with PCQM, to field office, CAT, HOPD and MCU leadership.
LOCATION REQUIREMENT: This position services Insureds/Agents in and around Dallas/Fort Worth, TX. The selected candidate must reside in or be willing to relocate at their own expense to the assigned territory.
What Will You Do?
- Ensures the integrity of Property building damage estimates and overall file quality. This includes compliance with Corporate and Claim Ethics, Code of Conduct and claim handling guidelines.
- Provides oversight of compliance with Property Guidelines involving vendor relationships, engagement and workflows. Assists in the deterrence and detection of potential fraud. May support Internal Security on suspect issues upon request.
- Provides ongoing training and guidance to Property claim handlers through, ride-alongs, reinspections, coaching and feedback. Review damage estimates prior to payment as needed. Act as a resource to claim handling staff on large or complex claims including MCU.
- Partners with Product, Field and CAT leadership to complete Property focus reviews assessing quality and trends impacting the line.
- Identifies, evaluates and analyzes problem areas impacting indemnity pay out, customer service, regulatory compliance and expense control. Gains consensus from all parties involved, assists in the development of resolution plans and participates in implementation.
- Assists in delivering Property guidelines from a corporate, regional and national level to the individual offices and their property claim staff.
- Develops technical training, bulletins and videos to provide guidance and resource to staff on the estimating, repair and replacement processes for property damages. Identifies and delivers just in time training to property staff.
- Identifies training needs and collaborates with Claim University in the classroom delivery of broad based training objectives, including all technology and equipment (company and vendor). Supports Claim professionals through the Trainee Program including continued training and development after successful completion of the program and promotion to OCR.
- Provides coaching and guidance to Property and HOPD Claim professionals, in collaboration with other Property leaders, to continuously train and develop staff to manage progressively higher severity and complexity levels. This includes ongoing support and feedback on the effective use of Right Touch technologies in the inspection, estimating and evaluation of Property claims.
- Participates in the testing and evaluation of new technologies in partnership with Claim Product Management. Supports rollout of new technology tools and serves as a subject matter expert on the use of those tools in the Property claim handling process.
- Interacts with Claim Product, TIS and field office management teams that may include Commercial Lines/Property Lines National Product team and systems to provide Property technical support and expertise.
- Assists in catastrophe situations by providing first response and training. This includes serving as technical resource to deployed Property staff, oversight and support of Enterprise Response Team staff and potential engagement in the handling of Severity losses at the MCU level.
- Supports the Field offices and participates in the training, development and certification of Enterprise Response Team volunteers to ensure that the organization has sufficient resources to respond to all Catastrophe events.
- CAT Duty ~ This position will require participation in our Catastrophe Response Program which could include deployment away for a minimum of 16 days which includes 2 travel days to assist our customers. Deployment in support of CAT and Enterprise Response Team resources will generally require 23 to 30 days depending on the nature and severity of the event.
- This position requires the individual to access and inspect all areas of a dwelling or structure which is physically demanding requiring the ability to carry, set up and climb a ladder weighing approximately 38 to 49 pounds with a safety weight rating of up to 300 pounds (safety weight rating is the amount of weight the ladder can safely carry and includes weight of the individual and up to16 pounds of standard equipment), walk on roofs, and enter tight spaces (such as attic staircases and entries, crawl spaces, etc.). While specific territory or day-to-day responsibilities may not require an individual to climb a ladder, the incumbent must be capable of safely climbing a ladder when deploying to a catastrophe which is a requirement of the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Property Field Trainer -
- 5 years Property claim handling experience of progressive complexity and severity
- Proficient in Xactimate estimating system
- Prior experience coaching, mentoring and delivering training
- Critical Success Factors:
- Customer Service.
- Analytical Skills.
- Solid computer skills including working knowledge of Word and Excel and the ability to learn new software programs as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid team player with leadership ability.
- Strong time and expense management skills.
- Influence and tact.
- Technology skills, knowledge of Personal Computer Software Applications
- Training and Development ability.
- Supervisory /management experience desirable.
What is a Must Have?
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license
- Minimum of 3 years of Property Claim and estimating experience
- A minimum of 2 years prior experience using job applicable Property estimating software.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.