Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$112,300.00 - $185,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?Collaborative Environment, Transformational Projects, and a Growing Team!
As a member of Enterprise Architecture and Emerging Technology, you'll be joining a strategic and collaborative team that is passionate about transforming our business and technology capabilities and paving the way for best-in-class solutions.
As a Solution Architect supporting Personal Insurance, you will collaborate with senior Technology and Business leaders and apply your knowledge of modern technology to influence and innovate solutions that impact the business. In this role you will interface directly with senior technology leaders to transform our current business and technology capabilities and pave the way for best-in-class solutions. You are results-driven and bring strong engineering skills and a deep understanding of modern technologies including Cloud-native, APIs, AI and ML. You have an established track record of building high-quality enterprise solutions. You will work within a community of architecture leaders, helping establish and evolving a unified architecture vision. You are a person of high integrity, who believes in challenging the status quo when needed, while always first seeking to understand.
The work arrangement for this position is based on location.
What Will You Do?
- Architecture responsibility within a major segment of Enterprise Architecture in support of the Personal Insurance business unit
- Help Implement Architecture Strategy and roadmap for Personal Insurance Policy Administration and Third-Party data business processes
- Leads technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of architecture solutions
- Hands-on prototyping of new technology solutions
- Provides architecture direction for engineers in support of a technical pattern
- Partner with Software Engineering to execute proof of technologies
- Displays strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principles and technology modernization
- Drives continuous technology transformation to minimize technical debt
- Create a partnership with Software Engineering, Delivery and Business leadership
- Looks for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances through analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential impact on the enterprise
- Participates in defining target state technology architecture and roadmaps
- Ensures alignment of IT initiatives with the target state
- Builds strong partnership with engineering to ensure proper alignment of skills with technology direction
- Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the architecture
- Perform other duties as assigned
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's in technology related field or equivalent with 4+ years of technology Engineering experience
- Experienced with large scale technology platforms
- Supports technology target state, roadmaps that aligned to Short- and Long-term business goals
- Experience modernizing data technology and information architecture on cloud
- Must be passionate about technology transformations
- Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS, GCP, or Azure) or strong architecture experience on Cloud
- Executed technology modernization initiatives including migration to cloud native and API Strategy
- Current experience with AWS, APIs, accelerators, DevSecOps
- Exposure and understanding of advanced analytics techniques using ML and AI
- Good understanding of security
- Hands on experience with data technologies on cloud
- Established work in proof of concepts and technology
- Strong proven Software Engineering experience
- Organizational experience in an agile operating model
- Insurance technology experience desired
- Strong grasp of value creation and business capability models
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Has hands on experience in the last 3 years
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Five years of experience in engineering software or analytic applications within a line of business area
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.