Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$98,200.00 - $162,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under the direction of the VP, Human Resources, drives results for all human resource efforts for assigned customers. Participates in the development of human resources policies and programs by partnering with employee relations, compensation and other specialist functions. Directs all human resource activities within the customer group. Provides coaching and counseling to management and employees in order to enhance individual contributions. Note: Focus of the following components/responsibilities may differ by line of business and/or client group assignment:
What Will You Do?
- Partners with VP, Human Resources and HR business partners to make compensation decisions (e.g. base pay, incentive equity grants) which drive business results and support our pay for performance philosophy.
- Working with VP, Human Resources, ensures the communication and execution of our compensation philosophy.
- Analyzes internal/external equity based on local market information and takes initiative to address issues.
- Administers and communicates HR policies and programs with departments and across lines of business as appropriate.
- Ensures that human resources services delivered directly or indirectly are necessary, cost effective and in support of the business plan.
- Develops an effective partnership with line business clients through consultation on human resources strategic and operational issues as related to the business plan.
- Spends time coaching and giving feedback to employees and management.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws that impact HR; responds to government and employee inquiries or complaints, coordinates their resolution.
- Collaborate with management and employees to identify and resolve issues that achieve a balance between business needs and employee needs, and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with other human resources staff, participates in the development of necessary policies and practices to ensure that they are consistent with overall corporate direction and in support of customer group plans.
- Consults on organizations effectiveness to include re-engineering, management/employee development, workflow efficiencies and organizational change.
- Assists management with cultural change issues.
- Provides advice and guidance on employee relations' issues, progressive discipline and documentation requirements to management.
- Develops interventions (proactive and reactive) that support employee relations and organizational effectiveness.
- Conducts AAP analysis and provides consultative support in the development and administration of Affirmative Action Programs, responding to discrimination complaints or charges, and coordinates their resolution.
- Executes the human resources planning effort with the customer groups to identify and build diverse pool of key technical and leadership talent to facilitate talent development and succession planning.
- Counsels' management on the development process and execution of development plans to build skill, competency and organizational capability.
- Assists management to leverage talent among work groups (e.g. cross-training, rotational assignments, redeployment).
- Ensures that appropriate human resource systems are in place to attract, select, reward, train and motivate staff.
- Identifies and analyzes productivity, turnover, and hiring trends; develops and implements appropriate action plans.
- Stays current and is aware of social, economic and other trends that may affect the business or the direction of human resources policies and programs.
- Designs, develops and delivers HR related training to business partners, i.e.: Performance Management, Sexual Harassment, Managing a Diverse Workforce, etc.
- Provides facilitation of meetings as required, such as assimilations, developing team values, operating principles, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Typically five or more years of HR experience with most experience preferred in generalist position.
- College degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, business or other related course of study or equivalent.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of three years related work experience, including experience in a generalist or other human resources role.
- Broad knowledge of human resources including organization development, employee relations, performance management, compensation and talent acquisition.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.