Commercial Lines Producer
Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
Brown & Brown Insurance is seeking a Commercial Lines Producer in our Fort Myers, FL office
Primary Objectives & Summary: This position is responsible for developing new account relationships that generate at least $2,500 of revenue (annualized commission income) to the agency and maintaining those relationships if they continue to meet the revenue criteria. It is always also a significant part of this position to project the most professional image of yourself and the agency. Producers are our public ambassadors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties include the following:
Responsible for generating new business production through outside sales and business relationships. Account management and direct sales and Customer Service support to the Sales team using a variety of skills and knowledge of the insurance market, products and competition.
- Manage and retain existing book of business and pursue new opportunities for the book, where appropriate, including a specific business plan for growth.
- Spend approximately 50-60% of the time outside with the customers and new business opportunities.
- Provide customer relations with all levels of client's decision-makers as well as the day-to-day technical client representatives.
- Follow up to address customer needs and resolve their problems/issues.
- Ensure the proper resources from within the organization are involved with the customer and introduce new products through the other core business groups where appropriate.
- Develop and oversee customer service plans for each client and understand the needs of the customer.
- Document sales, prospecting information into the sales management database.
- Encourage and motivate team members to achieve or exceed agency standards.
- Prepare customer renewal and new business strategy including proposals and presentations and ensure they agree with customer's requests/requirements.
- Present proposal to customer ensuring appropriate team members and resources are represented/attend.
- Promote teamwork and commitment to department/agency goals.
- Follow Agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Remain current on industry trends and information, new product development, legislation, coverages and technology.
- Remain up to date with current market conditions and status of competition.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Planning/organizing — the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- An interpersonal skill — the individual maintain confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication — the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication — the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
- Problem solving —the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Quality control — the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability — the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Safety and security — the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Sales skills
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- English required
- 2.20 Agent's License
- Bachelor's Degree
- CIC/CPCU a plus
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus
Physical Requirements Necessary on a Regular Basis:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at a desk or PC terminal for an extended period of time (7-8 hours per day).
- Manual dexterity, arm and upper body range of motion enough for use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone 7-8 hours a day
- Speech and hearing enough for in-person and telephone communication 7-8 hours per day.
- Vision enough for use of computer monitor.
- Must to able to perform physical efforts required to minimally perform the position to include keying as a repetitive activity, grasping, talking to communicate detailed and important information to others accurately, stooping, reaching, standing, climbing stairs and ability to lift object up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel is minimal with most contact with clients by phone and correspondence.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.