Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
Arrowhead currently has a job opening for an entry-level Catastrophe (CAT) Analyst in the newly established CAT team. Under the direction of VP CAT management, this role will work along with experienced underwriters and actuaries to provide modeling analytics and pricing support for business within the US and internationally.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand data needs, incorporate view of risk into vendor models, and establish best exposure data practices
- Coordinate with business units to establish consistent exposure standards and guidelines
- Prepare and validate exposure data module and model assumptions
- Archive and organize exposure in a central data repository
- Assist in quantifying risk using vendor/open-source models, interpret and report results, make recommendations to business stakeholders for informed risk decision-making
- Model, interpret, and validate model output for portfolios or account submissions
- Monitor and report on CAT analytics, escalate potential issues and advise key stakeholders with recommendations
- Develop and maintain an exposure and reporting dashboard
- Provide support on product development/filing and major event response
- Help with model adoption and change management
- Research and answer modeling inquiries
- Contribute to the innovation and improvement of internal tools and best modeling practices
- Compile peril, catastrophe events, industry data/reports and share with key stakeholders
Desired Education and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree is required, graduate degree with quantitative focus preferred (e.g., Engineering, Statistics, Operations Research, Actuarial Science).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Open and enthusiastic in learning new knowledge, positive and can-do attitude
- Self-driven, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Comfortable working in a cross-function, project-oriented team setting
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, database, and programming skills (SQL, R, Python, Excel VBA); Shiny or Power BI development experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of statistics, insurance, mapping, and GIS
- Experience with RMS/AIR models and understanding of modeling framework is preferred
- CAT designations (CCRA, CEEM, CSCR), actuarial exams, CPCU exams are a strong plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.