Experienced Producer - Property & Casualty
Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers and thrives in a team environment.
Brown & Brown is seeking an experienced Producer for its Property & Casualty team. This position is responsible for promoting and executing on the sale of new and renewal business, providing and being a source of insurance expertise to customers and assisting in the growth and profitability of the department. The experienced Producer will collaborate with the other teammates as necessary to meet prospective and existing customer needs. This role will work closely with the Sales Leadership.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Assist the Profit Center Leader and Sales Leader in developing marketing strategies to accomplish and support business planning objectives
- Prospect for new accounts to meet or exceed marketing plan via telephone calls, written correspondence, personal visits along with other successful ways to develop a pipeline/customer base, etc
- Must fully utilize Microsoft Dynamics CRM tool for all sales activity
- Complete annual customer stewardship meetings to include experience and policy review and analysis
- Establish direct customer contact with key accounts and prospects
- Work closely with Account Managers/Executives and Marketing Coordinators regarding placement of new/renewal business
- Interpret, analyze, negotiate and offer recommendations on coverage based on individual customer needs
- Maintain currency and further develop a specialization in a declared sector or market area by networking and participating in professional development activities
- Keep abreast of developments in the marketplace, including product offerings and changing insurance consumer trends and needs
- Assist in training of new Producers at the direction of the Sales Leader or Profit Center Leader
- Consistently meet all Brown & Brown established quality control procedures and timelines
- Actively participate in social, civic and trade organizations to represent Brown & Brown's community/customer commitment
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Experience in the insurance industry with a strong emphasis in P&C insurance preferred
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required with appropriate work experience
- Property & Casual insurance license 2-20 (if not already held, obtain within 30 days of hire)
- Must have detailed knowledge of a CRM system
- Proficient with management operating systems that support insurance sales, tracking and service
- Proficient with Microsoft Tools - Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- This Position requires routine travel that may involve a teammate to drive their own vehicle or a rental vehicle; acceptable results of a Motor Vehicle Record report at the time of hire and periodically thereafter and maintenance of minimum acceptable insurance coverages are requirements of this position
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Base salary + commission
- Unlimited earning potential
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Discretionary Time Off (DTO)
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.