Assistant/Renewal Underwriter – Commercial Lines
Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
Braishfield Associates, a division of Hull & Company, LLC is seeking a Commercial Lines Assistant/Renewal Underwriter to join our team in Orlando, FL.
The primary responsibility of this role is to assist underwriter and review insurance renewal applications to evaluate, classify, and rate risks for insurance and accepts or rejects applications.
This can be a hybrid position after training.
WHO YOU ARE:
You believe in working as a team and thrive in fun and collaborative environments. You have a client-focused attitude and value the importance of relationships, professionalism, and trust. You set goals high and aim higher. You have solid communication skills. You are detail oriented and organized. You enjoy learning new skills, systems, processes, and procedures. You are a great listener and are not afraid to ask questions. You believe that learning is vital to success.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Including, but not limited, to the following:
- Reviews renewal applications to confirm that information is appropriate to determine underwriting actions.
- Determines renewal underwriting actions.
- Accepts or declines risks based on own analysis of options.
- Assists producer/underwriter with New Business underwriting and quoting when needed.
- Collaborates with producer/underwriter with regard to unusual coverages.
- Maintains knowledge of all markets available to maximize opportunities to negotiate placements.
- Implement methods for promotion of policies or improvements to processes.
- May train or supervise junior level assistants.
- Verifies complete and proper coding.
- Other policy servicing related tasks, including but not limited to:
- Set up New and Renewal client records
- Bind New and Renewal policies
- Issue policies as necessary
- Follow up for missing file documentation (loss runs, applications, etc.)
- Issue, Invoice and Process endorsements, cancellations, reinstatements and non-renewals; or other policy servicing tasks
- Order loss control reports, follow up for compliance of recs
- Compliance with Quality Control guidelines
- Other activities, duties, projects or tasks as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 2-3 years of commercial lines experience with excess and surplus lines at wholesale/MGA, agency or company
- High School or equivalent education
- 4-40 license (2-20 license required within 90 days of employment)
- Sales & Production driven mentality
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Experience in working in a paperless environment – strong PC skills required
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to effectively work well with others
- Be a Team Player with a Positive Attitude
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- In-Office/Hybrid schedule after training
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1984, Braishfield has provided a wide variety of commercial and personal products from the top specialty carriers in our business. Thanks to the successful relationships with many of the finest retail agents & brokers in America, we have grown into one of the largest companies of our kind. We are guided by strong ethics, honesty & professionalism. Our goal is to deliver specialty insurance products that retail agencies need at the most competitive terms, with financially sound carriers, on a timely basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.