Underwriter - Personal Lines
Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
Braishfield Associates, a division of Hull & Company, LLC is seeking a Personal Lines Underwriter to join our team in Orlando, FL.
The primary responsibility of this role is to review new and renewal applications to evaluate, classify, and rate risks for insurance and accept or rejects applications. This can be a hybrid position after training.
WHO YOU ARE:
You believe in working as a team and thrive in fun and collaborative environments. You have a client-focused attitude and value the importance of relationships, professionalism, and trust. You set goals high and aim higher. You have solid communication skills. You are detail oriented and organized. You enjoy learning new skills, systems, processes, and procedures. You are a great listener and are not afraid to ask questions. You believe that learning is vital to success.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Including, but not limited, to the following:
- Collect, review and analyze an applicant's relevant history and records to determine the level of risk for insuring new business, renewals & policy changes.
- Make recommendations for risks on acceptance of an application, renewal or policy change.
- Provide quote proposals for New Business & Policy changes that are clear, concise and address the needs of the customer per Quality Control guidelines.
- Follow Carrier's guidelines as well as State & Federal regulations. Discussing with Team Leader for opportunities for considerations.
- Build & Maintain relationships with Retail Agents & our Companies.
- Identify retail agencies for growth potential.
- Assists retail agent's in problems with an account including researching and discussing with carriers.
- Gather & Provide feedback from retail agents on their input on market conditions and reporting findings to Division Leader.
- Attend Virtual Conference Calls & team meetings from time to time to help facilitate learning, communication and understanding to other teammates in order to ensure policies and guidelines are being met
- Assist with ongoing performance of accounts as assigned by Team Leader.
- Evaluate insurance claims for modifications to accounts &/or determine if underwriting activity needed.
- May train or supervise junior level assistants.
- Verifies complete and proper coding.
- Other policy servicing related tasks, including but not limited to:
- Set up New and Renewal client records
- Bind New and Renewal policies
- Issue policies as necessary
- Follow up for missing file documentation (loss runs, applications, etc.)
- Issue, Invoice and Process endorsements, cancellations, reinstatements and non-renewals; or other policy servicing tasks
- Order loss control reports, review report, send recs and follow up for compliance of recs
- Compliance with Quality Control guidelines
- Other activities, duties, projects or tasks as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- High School or equivalent education
- 4-40 or 2-20 license
- 1-2 years of personal lines experience with wholesale/MGA or company
- Sales & Production driven mentality
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Experience in working in a paperless environment – strong PC skills required
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to effectively work well with others
- Be a Team Player with a Positive Attitude
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Hybrid Remote after training
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1984, Braishfield has provided a wide variety of commercial and personal products from the top specialty carriers in our business. Thanks to the successful relationships with many of the finest retail agents & brokers in America, we have grown into one of the largest companies of our kind. We are guided by strong ethics, honesty & professionalism. Our goal is to deliver specialty insurance products that retail agencies need at the most competitive terms, with financially sound carriers, on a timely basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.