Employee Benefits Actuary Financial Analyst
Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
Summary: To retain clients by providing financial review of employee benefit and retirement programs by using technical expertise.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Financial Analyst will identify, plan, and develop methods and procedures to obtain greater efficiency and effectiveness of benefit programs; including evaluating financial and utilization metrics for clients including but not limited to monthly financial reports, utilization metrics and benchmarks as well as government reporting for pension and post retirement welfare actuarial valuations.
- Monitor, prepare and send monthly financial reports to clients with analysis of activity and large
- claim detail
- Prepare financial projections, large claims analysis, specific stop loss analysis, claim trends, etc.
- to forecast exposure.
- Prepare actuarial valuations for defined benefit pension plans, 5500 and Pension Benefit
- Guaranty Corporation forms, and data reconciliation
- Attend client meetings to deliver results and discuss customer financial implications of analysis
- Collaborate with producer in the maintenance of client relationships
- Participate in department meetings
- Pursue a program of personal and professional development
- All other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in a finance-related field.
- Strong technical knowledge of employee benefit and defined benefit pension plans programs.
- 5+ years progressive experience in insurance and actuarial industry, to include statistical and
- mathematical analysis, database manipulation and formulating spreadsheets.
- Ability to obtain Insurance Producer license in 60 days.
- Degree in actuarial science.
- Progression in the Professional Actuary Certification through SOA (Society of Actuaries) or CAS (Casualty Actuarial Society)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Discretionary Time off (DTO)
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.