Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
Brown & Brown Insurance is seeking an Accounting Supervisor to join our team San Antonio, TX. The Accounting Supervisor will oversee a team, and perform operational, transactional and technical accounting activities in accordance with established policy, procedures, and objectives. This individual is responsible for adherence to quality control standards – both corporate and industry directed.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Financial Reporting
- Forecasting/Budgeting for RLA Intermediaries
- Journal Entries
- Month End Accounting Close of AIM, Isi, PBS, and Workday
- Monthly/Quarterly Compliance Control Self-Assessments
- Account Reconciliations
- Fluctuation Analysis
- Annual Tax Schedules
- Maintain Fixed Assets
- Oversee AR and AP teams
- Maintains security by following internal controls and segregation of duties
- Prepares audit schedules and interacts with auditors by answering questions.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Minimum education required Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent in relevant experience.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Valid Driver License
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- This position requires routine or periodic travel which may require the teammate to drive their own vehicle or a rental vehicle. Acceptable results of a Motor Vehicle Record report at the time of hire and periodically thereafter, and maintenance of minimum acceptable insurance coverages are a requirement of this position.
- Some insurance related courses or industry related knowledge
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
- Education assistance: tuition reimbursement assistance, student loan repayment assistance, scholarships for dependents of teammates
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Discretionary time off
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.