Building Maintenance Technician
Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
It's an exciting time to join Brown & Brown! Our business is growing both in North America and internationally which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that promotes future growth. We're excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we are looking for a Building Maintenance Technician to join our growing team in Daytona Beach, Florida.
The Building Maintenance Technician, under supervision of the Facility Operations Manager is responsible for overall maintenance of the assigned building for the Brown & Brown Daytona Beach campus, plus all other designated company properties.
Who We Are: Brown & Brown, Inc. is a growing global insurance brokerage firm delivering risk management solutions and services since 1939. Our unique culture is built on honestly, integrity, innovation and discipline and defines who we are and how we treat our customers, teammates and the communities we serve. We think of ourselves as a team, so we have teammates---not employees. We prioritize health, family, and business---in that order. We embrace and celebrate diversity, always striving to be an inclusive place where you have the power to be yourself. Traded on the New York Stock Exchange as BRO, Brown & Brown is a big company that doesn't act like one.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks, repairs, and fixes
- Inspect, test, diagnose and maintain HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems, and components
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems, and components
- Operate chillers and associated pumps and equipment
- Operate generators and associated equipment
- Perform all work in a manner that meets and follows building codes, blueprints, and standards
- Perform light carpentry/sheetrock work, including patching and painting
- Complete required documentation of repairs and service information
- Ensure adequate inventory of necessary supplies and parts
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of methods and principles of general building maintenance
- 3-5 years of building maintenance experience
- Valid driver's license in state of Florida
- Demonstrated ability to operate hand and power tools associated with electrical work
- Willing to work overtime and take on-call
- Basic working knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry
- Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints, schematics, and diagrams
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical problems
- Troubleshoot problems and make timely repairs
- Understanding of Fire alarm systems/operation
- Understanding of low voltage and HVAC controls wiring systems
What we offer:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Mental Health Resources
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.