Sr. Financial Consultant
Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
Culture is meaningful to us. It's in the way we interact with one another and with our clients. We believe in being our authentic selves with one another and have cultivated an approach that is "we" not "I". We honor the commitments that we make to our clients and one another. This is our culture. We actively engage in the communities where we live and encourage our teammates to use Volunteer Time Off and to engage with our Spotlight Charities and causes meaningful to teammates.
About the Role:
The Sr. Financial Consultant must have a deep knowledge and extensive experience with underwriting Group Life & Disability national accounts. This position partners with the Sales and Service organization to support current clients and assist with acquiring new business by ensuring that Brown & Brown Strategic Non-Medical Solutions (SNS)' clients receive the most competitive pricing and programs available in the market. The Sr. Financial Consultant role is a key component that rounds out SNS' value proposition through financial analysis and recommendations to maximize product offerings and cost savings via an evidence-based approach. This position serves as the primary financial expert and contact for the account teams and is responsible all financial aspects of SNS' client's benefits, including RFP, renewal negotiations, and the quarterly experience process.
· Analyzing SNS' clients' experience, and presenting findings to management, the Account teams, and clients;
· Determining pricing based on this evidence analysis, and negotiating with carriers to ensure fair and competitive pricing for our clients;
· Making complex and accurate claim picks, developing reserves, and calculating expense factors and components;
· Pricing self-insured products using complex data extracts;
· Supporting the Account teams with ad hoc financial analysis;
· Providing ROI analysis and exhibits;
· Creating client-ready reports and presentations;
· Developing new reports and tools;
· Attending client meetings and conference calls as needed to provide underwriting and financial expertise;
· Monitoring the SNS book of business, identifying trends by product, industry, account team, and carrier;
· Analyzing various insurance products, including but not limited to, Voluntary Benefits, Dental, Vision, and Critical Illness.
· Bachelor's degree
· 7-10 years underwriting experience, including 5 years with Group Life & Disability in large national accounts greater than 5k lives;
· Expert in Microsoft Excel with proficiency in all other Microsoft Office applications;
· Strong analytical skills; proficient in working with complex data sets
We seek out and embrace diversity in our talent. Our business thrives on diversity of talent, experience, character, and inclusion.
- Brown & Brown does not discriminate against teammates or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, absence of religious affiliation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, perception of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, gender orientation, marital status, service in our armed forces, veteran status in our armed forces, political activity or political party affiliation. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all our teammates and applicants for employment. Our equal employment opportunity philosophy, in accordance with federal, state, and local law, applies to all aspects of employment with us including recruiting, hiring, training, transfer/promotion, compensation, benefits, and termination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.