Personal Lines Account Executive
Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
The Personal Lines Account Executive is responsible for direct sales as well as providing service to the agency's clients on their personal insurance program, including marketing/remarketing of new accounts in accordance with Brown & Brown procedures and quality control standards. The placement and management of new and renewal business is expected to be conducted through prompt and courteous service while maintaining a strong emphasis on retention and growth. Additionally, they are responsible for the administrative supervision of the Personal Lines Service Team, working closely with the Account Managers and Account Technicians on day-to-day workflow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and retain an existing book of business and pursue new opportunities for the book where appropriate.
- Work closely with Personal Lines Producers for presentations, proposals, processing, quoting, and client communications.
- Provide direct customer support and product advisement.
- Prepare customer renewal and new business strategy, including proposals and presentations.
- Develop a full understanding of the regulations governing Personal Lines insurance in the state of Washington.
- Review accounts handled for adequate coverage and identify opportunities to cross-sell and round out coverage.
- Issue appropriate documentation as needed including binders, auto insurance ID cards, etc., in collaboration with the Personal Lines Service Team.
- Develop and oversee customer service plans for each client and know their individual needs.
- Compose or assist in the composition of highly technical or sensitive correspondence.
- Translate highly technical information for the client's understanding.
- Complete applications and prepare proposals for new and renewal business proposals/offerings.
- Contact clients and/or underwriters to obtain additional information or answer questions.
- Resolve policy and coverage-related concerns for clients, insurance carriers, and Producers.
- Check policy coverage and endorsements for accuracy.
- Courteously communicate negative actions to the client, while offering a solution to remedy the situation.
- Bind or place coverage with acceptable carriers, adhering to the appropriate carrier's binding authority.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of communication pertaining to the client's insurance program.
- Review accounts handled for adequate coverage, as well as educate, cross-sell, and up-sell coverage.
- Recommend changes to insured for enhanced protection, ensuring Profit Center standards are met.
- Process change requests and other coverage research issues in collaboration with the Personal Lines Service Team
- Respond to all FRQs received within 5 days of receipt and process any changes requested within 30 days of receipt.
- Ability to read and interpret technical and other complex documents.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Consistent dependability / availability; excellent attendance record
- Highly organized, with the ability to report the status of items on an immediate basis.
- Excellent work habits - detail-oriented, works accurately, follows specific instructions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Current State Insurance License and appropriate Non-Resident Licenses
- Three or more years of agency experience managing the service of a High Net Worth personal lines book of business.
- Working knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience with Agency Management System preferred.
- Working knowledge of Carrier websites preferred.
- This position requires routine or periodic travel which may require the teammate to drive their personally owned vehicle or a rental vehicle. Acceptable results of a Motor Vehicle Record report at the time of hire and periodically thereafter, and maintenance of minimum acceptable insurance coverages are a requirement of this position.
- $75,000-$80,000 DOE
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.