Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
Brown & Brown is seeking a Workers Comp Claims Representative for our team in Carmel, Indiana.
The Workers Comp Claims Representative is responsible for all aspects of processing workers compensation claims including investigation, direction of medical care, timely dispensing of benefits and settlement.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Handle lost time and medical only claim assignments. Perform duties which include but are not limited to.
Maintain a claim inventory as deemed appropriate by management.
Verify, research evaluate and make recommendations on appropriate coverage on each claim, using discretionary judgement.
Make timely contact with members, injured workers, agents, providers, attorneys, etc.
Investigate claim with phone interviews/emails and obtain appropriate documentation.
Evaluate exposure and adjust reserves as required.
Conclude claim processing in accordance with company standards.
Handle lost time and medical only claim assignments with minimal degree of supervision.
Meet with members, agents, injured workers, attorneys, etc. as deemed necessary.
Complete special projects as assigned by the manager
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 3+ years of Workers Comp experience Required.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree, or certification in a business related discipline (INS, AIC, CPCU, etc.)
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Proven communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- 5 years experience in a similar position
- Valid Driver's License
- AIC and/or CPCU
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Discretionary Time Off (DTO)
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.