Financial Operations Audit Analyst
Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
Brown & Brown Insurance has an exciting opportunity available for a Financial Operations Audit Analyst to join our team in Matiland, FL.
This position offers a hybrid schedule.
Internal Audit allows individuals to learn about the insurance industry and grow within the company. Auditors are responsible for working in a team environment which consists of planning, performing fieldwork, and reporting of Financial Operations of the Brown & Brown Profit Centers. Teammates in Internal Audit travel to many of our 200+ decentralized locations performing reviews based on processes and procedures within the Financial Operations disciplines. This unique opportunity provides our future leaders the chance to network with senior leadership across the company while exploring multiple offices and corporate to find the perfect future opportunity within the Brown & Brown team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Prepare, complete, and review the various sections of the audits in accordance with the audit programs including performing interviews, obtaining and analyzing information and concluding and communicating test results
- Document work in a complete, accurate and organized manner to demonstrate a complete understanding and support conclusions reached
- Perform self-review of all completed work to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Operate in an organized manner managing multiple projects and open items list, following up on items and escalating items in a timely manner in order to meet deadlines
- Keep the Director / Manager of Internal Audit and the Team Leader informed on the status of the review and the observations which relate to it
- Conduct audit observations re-tests to ensure action plans have been implemented
- Create travel arrangements for each review
- Help mentor and coach new team members of the Internal Audit Team
- Perform Due Diligence for potential acquisitions as required
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by the Director or Manager
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
- 1-2 years' experience in accounting or audit positions
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly motivated team player, self-disciplined with great desire to learn
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Good written and effective oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Organized and very detail oriented
- Willing to pursue or have CPA, CIA, CFE and/or various insurance designations
- Willing and able to travel; minimal
- Well-groomed and neat appearance
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Discretionary Time Off
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.