AVP / Vice President, Contract Surety Underwriting Officer
About the Role
The AVP/Vice President, Contract Surety Underwriting Officer role will open up a world of opportunity in a growing and innovative industry. Our client is an insurance leader committed to developing their people, focusing on their customers, and building a sustainable future for our communities.
This is a highly technical and market facing position and requires experience with Surety lines of business. This position will be located in the Texas area and will support a multi-state book of business.
As an AVP/Vice President, Contract Surety Underwriting Officer you will be responsible for utilizing your sales/marketing, relationship building, and analytical skills to analyze and underwrite new and renewal Surety business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with national and mid-market contractors to support their bonding needs
- Partnering with brokers to generate new business opportunities
- Developing creative solutions to achieve underwriting strategy
- Leading product and service ideation / conceptualization to stay ahead of the competition
- Representing client company at external functions, industry conferences, and marketing meetings
Skills & Experience
- 5-7+ years of market facing underwriting experience within the contract surety industry
- Currently managing a Contract Surety Underwriting book of business in the Texas market
- Working directly with medium to large sized contractors/agents
- Advanced knowledge and practice of Surety Bonds
- Established Broker relationships
- Strong relationship, presentation, negotiation, and leadership skills
- Knowledge of loss trends, triangles, and ratemaking ideal
Compensation & Benefits
Bonus, competitive benefits
Apply for AVP / Vice President, Contract Surety Underwriting Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly