About the Role
While rooted in tradition, their biggest asset is their innovative employees. Innovation is what has created this opportunity for an actuarial professional to join their team in a management role.
As a people and practicing department leader, your role contributes to the success and development of actuarial staff and the fostering of collaboration across teams within the Actuary, Data Sciences and Product Development teams. Team is responsible for rate indication, profitability, and trend analysis for the Personal and Commercial lines of business including, Auto, Property, Casualty, Farm, BOP and others.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and control actuarial rates, rating structures, and systems.
- Plans, implements, and facilitates project resources across all strategic initiatives.
- Prepare required financial and regulatory reports and oversee the analysis of financial information.
- Ensure products and rates are actuarially sound and competitive.
- Analyze data using modeling techniques and statistical concepts to determine probability and assess risks.
- Present reports, explaining their implications to business leaders, advising on risk limitation.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Actuarial Science.
- 10+ years of experience in the property/casualty actuarial field.
- Minimum 5+ years of management or leadership experience.
- ACAS or near ACAS with intention of completing ACAS.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Base Salary $120k to $140k + 20% bonus. Exceptional benefits package, including ongoing job development, continuing education reimbursement, medical and dental insurance on your first day, generous 401K options and PTO plans, on-site gym wellness facility, cafeteria.
Apply for Actuarial Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly